Terms & Conditions Agreement
Third Rock Adventures Private Limited
Please read the following Terms and Conditions that governs the relationship between you (client) and Third Rock Adventures Private Limited (hereinafter referred as the ‘The Company’) with the registration number 184629/074/075.Please note that while booking a trip you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as well as the cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability set by the company. Both parties agree to these terms and conditions to resolve any legal or other disputes that may arise during the trip.
1. The booking contract
Once your booking has been confirmed, the tour operator or the travel agent issues a written confirmation after you have deposited the amount for your trip. Do go through the confirmation details thoroughly and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the company immediately. Please ensure that your names are stated exactly as in your passport.
If you book on behalf of other participants, then you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This also means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your tour booking. You will have to notify us if changes or cancellations are required and you will be solely responsible for keeping your group informed.
If you book on behalf of others, then you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. It is your responsibility for verifying the information that you provide on behalf of other people is complete and accurate and the company will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
2. Booking a trip
- A ‘trip’ refers to any product itinerary or activities that you buy from us including Trekking, Tours, Expeditions and / or other adventure tour programs.
- The contract between the Company and the Client comes into existence only when the company sends a confirmation invoice or email to the customer.
- The company has the right to increase or decrease product (trip/tour) prices before booking are confirmed and the contract comes into force.
- The company will not be liable for any warranty, collateral agreement, prior agreement, and description of services or conditions other than expressed herein
3. Booking deposit, final payment requirement, and lifetime deposit
Booking Deposit Payment
To book a trip, a non-refundable deposit (Lifetime Deposit) of 20% along with due airfares (if the client wants the company to arrange it) is required. If your booking is done 30 days or less prior to departure, then you must pay the full amount at the time of booking.
The balance (final payment) should be paid within 30 days of the departure date. In case a booking is made less than 30 days before the departure date, then full payment is required at the time of booking.
4. Payment methods
The company receives a booking payment through the bank transfer or the online payment system. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Kindly follow the instructions as below.
You can use the following bank details for the payment via Wire/Bank Transfer.
Name of the Beneficiary:
Third Rock Adventures (P). Ltd
Address of the Beneficiary:
Keshar Mahal Marga, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Himalayan Bank Ltd.
Tridevi Marga, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Current Account USD
For the online payment
If you’d like to pay credit card, please check on this link - https://www.thirdrockadventures.com/paymentform
Third Rock Adventures reserves the right to amend tour prices at any time. Amendments may be done for many reasons including, but not limited to, increases in ground operator services, exchange rate fluctuations, increased fuel costs, airfares, airport charges, or the need to engage alternative air or ground operators. If there is an increase in the tour price, it must be paid prior to the departure date.
5. Cancellation by the client
Any cancellation by a client must be made in writing and acknowledged by the company. The date on which the request to cancel is received by the company or its agents will determine the cancellation charge applicable. The cancellation charges are expressed hereafter as a percentage of the total tour price. Please note these charges are levied when you don’t furnish plausible proof (documents like doctor’s certificate etc.) for canceling the trip.
- Cancellation 30 days or more before departure: Lifetime deposit (you can use the deposit later)
- Cancellation 7-29 days before departure: 50% of the cost of services booked.
- If you neither show up on the starting day of the tour nor inform the company about your absence: 100% of the cost of services booked.
The client is strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of making the booking.
6. Cancellation of a tour by the company
- The company reserves the right to cancel any trip you booked unless guaranteed to run.
- Third Rock Adventures reserves the right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, prior to departure in the event of natural disasters, flight cancellation, strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences beyond its control. In such a case, the company will refund the trip price only. If the company cancels a departure which is guaranteed to run, the trip price will be refunded, or you will be entitled to take an alternative trip of the same value.
- The significant alterations do not include a change of airline carrier, flight timetables or itineraries, provided the departure and arrival dates remain unchanged. Change in cabin category or hotel accommodation provided is of the same category.
- The company is not responsible for any incidental expenses or consequential losses that the client may have incurred as a result of the booking such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or rail fares, non-refundable car parking or other fees, loss of earnings, or loss of enjoyment etc.
7. Medical conditions and special requirements
In case of any medical condition, do inform the company at the time of the booking. A physically challenged condition or any other mental or physical debility which may hinder your ability to travel should be notified at the time of booking. Failure to notify the company may result in the client being refused to travel. It may also result in the loss of deposit amount or 100% of the trip cost.
There may be some trips that may be unsuitable for clients of a certain age, physical (mobility, pregnancy etc.) or mental conditions. It is the client’s responsibility to check prior to booking. The company will not provide any special facilities unless it has agreed to do so in writing. The company will also do its best to meet the clients’ special requests including dietary. Please note that such requests do not form part of the contract and therefore the company is not liable for not adhering to these requests.
The medical facilities vary from country to country and the company makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such treatments.
8. Travel insurance
All travelers must travel with adequate and valid travel insurance. Your travel insurance must cover accidents, injuries, illnesses, death and medical expenses (including any related to pre-existing medical conditions), emergency repatriation (including helicopter rescue and air ambulance where applicable) and personal liability. It will be helpful if your insurance covers trip cancellation, curtailment, and loss of luggage and personal effects.
You must carry proof of insurance with you and produce it when requested by the company employees or suppliers. If you are unable to provide proof of insurance when requested, the company reserves the right to cancel or suspend your participation on a trip or in certain activities that comprise part of a trip, at any time, including after the commencement of your trip, with no right of refund.
9. Flight delays and changes in the itinerary
Please understand that mountain adventure is always unpredictable due to weather. Bad weather in the mountain regions can cause domestic flight delays. If the domestic flights get delayed or cancelled, the company will arrange accommodation (guest house) and food (lunch and breakfast) at the request of the client. However, the client is responsible to bear all additional expenses including food and accommodation costs. If you wish to make an alternative arrangement such as a Helicopter flight to avoid flight delays, all additional cost would be your responsibility.
Third Rock Adventures will not be held responsible if the client misses his/her international flight. However, we would try and assist to make alternative arrangements wherever possible. Please also note that during outdoor activities, we may have to make some changes in the itinerary owing to bad weather conditions or events outside our control.
10. Trip amendment
If the booking amendment request is received by Third Rock Adventures 30 days or more prior to your original trip departure, the company will make the necessary amendment with a charge of US$100 per person. In case you wish to make amendments within 30 days of the trip departure, the cost of an amendment may be higher depending upon the company's arrangements with other parties such as hotels, teahouses, ground operators or airlines.
11. Visa & Passport
You must carry a valid passport and visa when traveling with Third Rock Adventures. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. Nepal Visa is available on arrival in Nepal. For Tibet & Bhutan, the company can make the necessary arrangements upon request. For India, the client will have to acquire the Visa from their own home country.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for the countries you are traveling to. Third Rock Adventures will not accept responsibility if you are refused entry to a country or places because you lack the correct visa documentation.
12. Injuries and evacuation
Third Rock Adventures will not be liable for any injury, health conditions, emotional or other conditions suffered by the client during the trip. Similarly, our package cost does not include any personal insurance. Hence, we advise the clients to take adequate travel insurance package, including medical emergencies and evacuation by Helicopter.
13. Services missed or unused
There will be no discounts or refunds for missed or unused services. These include voluntary or involuntary termination/departure from the tour due to sickness, the death of a family member etc, late arrival on the tour, or premature departure either voluntarily or involuntarily.
14. Updating of terms and conditions
The company reserves the right to update and amend these terms and conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the client to keep himself/herself updated with any changes. The current version of terms and conditions will always be found on the website www.thirdrockadventures.com and will be the terms referred to in any dispute.